As a remote training instructor, you likely already have well-developed presentation skills – these will have to be adapted slightly for a virtual platform. Speaking via a camera and microphone to a remote audience can take a bit of an adjustment if you are used to addressing a boardroom or training venue. In terms of technology, a quality camera and audio equipment are essential. Focus on audio first, a decent camera with outstanding audio will be significantly better than a great camera with poor audio. Work with a producer to help set everything up and ensure that everything works without interruption.
5 tech essentials for your virtual classroom
There are five essential tech tools that you will need to get your virtual class up and running:
- A stable internet connection: Obviously, you will need a reliable connection in order to conduct your virtual classes.
- Video conferencing platform: Webex, Zoom and Skype are the most popular platforms for virtual training. Speak to your virtual producer for advice on which platform is right for you.
- Smart video camera: Smart cameras make training much more engaging and interactive. These are cameras that move to follow whoever is speaking.
- Learning management system: LMSs are software applications that include the administration and delivery of educational courses and materials to students. These portals usually include digital textbooks, related virtual resources and materials, and online texts and quizzes.
- A quality microphone: Invest in a quality microphone for your virtual classroom set-up.
Learngistics specializes in facilitating and supporting both virtual and live training events and learning programs for corporations. Contact us for more information and to see how our virtual producers can help you access and optimize your virtual classrooms for online and hybrid learning.